The Terminus Hotel
Although the Terminus Hotel has been sitting derelict for the last 34 years, it has quite the extensive history. The original hotel on the site (The Coopers Arms Hotel) was constructed in 1858. In 1917, the original hotel was demolished to make way for the Federation Style two storey building which dominates the site today. Due to a lack of patronage, The Terminus closed its doors in 1983.
The Terminus has remained closed since then, however in 2017, the task has been set to re-open the doors, and bring the Heritage listed building up to current modern day building standards. This task was entrusted to Peloton Constructions.
The overall building envelope remains in good condition, however the doors, walls & ceilings have degraded over the years. It is our client’s intention to try and maintain and restore as much of the original building, maintaining its overall heritage character. Peloton have undertaken the restoration of each of these elements, including retaining existing brickwork and timbers, and restoring and re-installing the heritage timber sash windows.